Filer Township



The zoning department regulates land use based on specifically zoned areas of the township.

A Land Use Permit is needed for any new buildings, additions, or alterations to existing buildings. Most signs require permits. It is recommended that you verify with the Zoning Department prior to any projects, he will be happy to assist applicants with their requests and explain the requirements of the Zoning Ordinance.

For State, Electric, Plumbing, DEQ, Mechanical permits, please call Chuck Erickson, Building Inspector at (231) 360-7386 or cell (231) 564-2200.

Please Note: Filer Township does not give out electrical and building permits.

Zoning Map

Zoning District Regulations Chart